SMC Synergy and UAV Technologies conducted a UAV survey (including LiDAR) of the Mount Fletcher dam area during March 2020 as part of a project for DEFF NRM.
The UAV survey had the following objectives:
• Evaluate and experience the SACCA regulations in practice
• Evaluate various UAVs with different sensors
• Evaluate the accuracy of the digital terrain data produced from the UAV sensors
• Evaluate the software being used to process and scrutinise the data
• Evaluate the accuracy of the data to extract reliable relevant information regarding NRM restoration works
• To make recommendations to NRM regarding the use of UAVs for the planning and monitoring of interventions